I’ve been purchasing straws for years…and I honestly didn’t know that it was THIS possible to do all of these different things with them. Straws aren’t just for sippin’, folks, they’re good for pitting cherries, “de-stemming” strawberries, and more! You’ll definitely add straws to your grocery list after you read this…
1.Do you have patterned straws that you absolutely love? Put them to good use by stringing them on a length of twine. Slice you straws into different sizes, and string on your garland. A striped background is the best, am I right?
2.If you love to journal, it can sometimes be difficult to find a space for our favorite pen. Using a straw, secure your pin to the spine of your binder!
3.Teach your kids how to make fake tulip flowers…out of old straws! Unused straws make the perfect stems! Use construction paper to build the leaves of your flowers.
4.If you’re a teacher…you can help students struggling with fine motor skills with this tutorial! There are a myriad of educational projects to do with straws; but this has to be my favorite!
4. Making a recipe that requires a TON of pitted cherries? Use a straw to your advantage! Pit your strawberries easily with this straw hack; all you have to do is push a straw through the center of your fruit.
5. Are you traveling, and did you lose that protectant cover of your ever-so-important razor cover? Keep it covered with a torn straw. This will protect the razors and keep things sharp and ready for use!
6. I wish I were more of an artist…but thankfully my kiddos are! Have your kids “blow” paint through a straw to create an unbeatable pattern.
7. Missing your old childhood bike spikes? Make a new set yourself using old straws. Cut your straws lengthwise and attach them to the spokes of your tires. The sound they make when you pedal will give you such nostolgia.
8.Flower arrangers everywhere can attest to this DIY tip! Use straws to hold and support the stems of your flowers. Droopy flowers won’t even be effected with this tip!
9. Don’t have a vacuum sealer? Isn’t it the worst? I’m hoping that I get one for Christmas. If you are worried about vacuum sealing your fruits and veggies to keep them fresh…use a straw to vacuum seal a standard Ziploc bag. It’s insanely easy!
I got all of my project inspiration from the following: